Random Ramblings

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I really don’t want to do this…

But I’m pooping on the Johnny Cash biopic “Walk the Line”, or at least part of the movie. In the movie they apparently had Joaquin Phoenix doing the Cash vocals and you can tell. It doesn’t even really sound like Johnny. I think they should have gone the Ray route and used Johnny’s real vocals in the movie since there is only one voice that sounds like Cash. Aside from the singing issue Joaquin doesn’t look overly goofy as Cash. This complaining aside I will go see it opening weekend.

Cash has voice that sounds like no other and reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when George said, "That's like telling Pavarotti "Teach me to sing like you". Phoenix could never sound like Cash neither could anyone else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home