Random Ramblings

Monday, December 12, 2005

Cash owns all.

Okay I get it I was wrong…..
I saw Walk the Line this weekend. Joaquin Phoenix as Cash was pretty good and thought what I felt was the essence of Cash. The movie didn't add any melodramatic junk because they didn't need to. I know know why I never gained superstardom as a singer, I never had some tragedy early in my life and my dad was a normal guy. See the movie and you'll know what I'm talking about. Phoenix & Reese Witherspoon (more on her later) singing wasn't bad and actually saying that I didn't like they weren;t using real Cash vocals was a little premature. Sure Phoenix doesn't have the same voice as Cash (come on no one does) but he does sound not that bad doing a better than karaoke version of Cash.Reese Witherspoon as June Carter was absolutely adorable of course and gained her spot back in the Top 25 list. June Carter was the queen of tought love she flushed Johnny's pills on more than on occassion. Honestly the love story aspect of the film runs throughout it as Johnny and June were always together even if they weren't married. Reese's singing wasn't too bad either.All in all if you didn't know it before, because you suck, you should know now Johnny Cash rules.

1 Comments:

  • You know that I want Reese to play me in the story of my life right? I can't believe that you dissed her in the past.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home