Random Ramblings

Friday, June 22, 2007

Another stupid scammer...another good time.

Got an email from another email scammer and it went something like this:



FROM: PATRICK CHAN


Dear Friend,

I am Mr. Patrick Chan Executive Director and Chief Financial Officer of the Hang Seng Bank Ltd.I have a Secured business suggestion for you.

Before the U.S and Iraqi war our client Col. Hosam Hassan who was with the Iraqi forces and also business man made a numbered fixed deposit for 18 calendar months, with a value of Thirty million United State Dollars ($30,000,000.00) only in my branch. Upon maturity several notices was sent to him, even during the war early this year. Again after the war another notification was sent and still no response came from him. We later find out that Col. Hosam Hassan along with his wife and only daughter had been killed during the war in a bomb blast that hit their home.What bothers me most is that according to the laws of my country at the expiration 4 years the funds will revert to the ownership of the Hong Kong Government if nobody applies to claim the funds.

Against this backdrop, my suggestion to you is that I will like you as a foreigner to stand as the next of kin to Col. Hosam Hassan so that you will be able to receive his funds.I have contacted an attorney that will prepare the necessary document that will back you up as the next of kin to Col.Hosam Hassan.There is no risk involved at all in the matter as we are going to adopt a legalized method and the attorney will prepare all the necessary documents.

Please endeavor to observe utmost discretion in all matters concerning this issue.Once the funds have been transferred to your nominated bank account we shall share in the ratio of 60% for me, 40% for you, Should you be interested please send me information,s below,

1. Full names and Age
2. Private phone number
3. Current residential address.

I will prefer you reach me on my private Email address or Fax it to my private fax machine number below ;

Email: Fax:

And finally after that I shall provide you with more details on this transaction. Your earliest response to this letter will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Mr. Patrick K.W Chan.



So I sent him this back:



Hey let me know what you need from me. I need to get some of that chedda so I can be a baller like Jay Z.



Patrick Chan sent me this:

Dear Friend, Thank you very much for your response, and your interest in this transaction.I promise to give you my best as far as you are committed to this transaction.Like I said before, due to this issue on my hands now, it became necessary for me to seek your assistance, I appreciate the fact that you are ready to assist me in executing this project, and also to help me in investing my money in your country. You should not have anything to worry about. I will do everything legally required to ensure that the project goes smoothly, it shall pass through all Laws of International Banking.

Having resolved to entrust this transaction into your hands, I want to remind you that, it needs your commitment and diligent follow up. If you work seriously, the entire transaction should be over in a couple of days.

READ THE FOLLOWING AND GET BACK TO ME:

Firstly, I will want to know the type of occupation that you do and how old you are. You should note that this project is highly capital intensive.This is why I have to be very careful. I need your total devotion and trust to see this through. I know we have not met before, but I am very confident that we will be able to establish the necessary trust that we need to execute this project.

I am now in contact with a foreign online bank. I now intend that you open an account in your name in this foreign bank. The money would be transferred to your account which you will open in the bank for both of us, this is the best way, I have found, it will protect us from my bank.I want us to enjoy this money in peace when we conclude. So you should listen to my instructions and follow them religiously. Also you have to know that I cannot transfer this money in my name, as my bank will be aware that it is from me. This is where I need you.

As result of this, you will have to open an account in the corresponding bank. I will obtain a certificate of deposit from this my bank, it will be issued in your name. This will make you the bonafide owner of the funds. After this, the money will be banked online for both of us.We can then instruct the bank to transfer our various shares into our respective home bank accounts. I will also perfect the documentations with the assistance of my attorney to give the transaction the legal right.

Before I commence, I will need you to send me a copy of any form of your identification (Driver's license or International passport) and your current address. I want to be sure that I am transacting with the correct person. As soon as I get these from you, I will commence the paper work.I hope you will understand why I need all these. The money in question is big and I want to ensure that I know you well before I proceed to give youall the details to commence the project. I will also send you my international passport upon receipt of your identification.

I will send the name and contact details of the bank so that you can commence communication with them.Ensure that you keep this project confidential, do not discuss it with anybody,because of the confidential nature of this transaction and my work. Get back to me with the required identity.

Regards, Patrick Chan.



So I replied with this:



Hey great to hear from you. I work in the field of scientific research. I scanned my passport and drivers license and they appear below:

(I left a big space in the email)























I win I think this photo is just funny.

1 Comments:

  • 7 Mary 3, we have a spammer on our hands? What's your 20? Over

    By Blogger Sean, at 3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home