Random Ramblings

Thursday, June 17, 2004

Insert smart headline here

From our friends at Reuters:

Woman Charged with Stalking Catherine Zeta-Jones
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A woman has been charged in Los Angeles with stalking Oscar-winning British actress Catherine Zeta-Jones and making threatening phone calls, police said on Thursday.
The 33-year-old woman was arraigned last week on one count of stalking and 25 counts of making "terrorist threats," the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said in a statement.
The suspect, Dawnette Knight, was arrested at her Beverly Hills apartment after a four-month investigation, during which time Zeta-Jones was the target of "numerous threatening letters and phone calls," the Sheriff's Department said. Knight remains in custody. Zeta-Jones, who is married to Hollywood veteran Michael Douglas, won an Academy Award last year for best supporting actress in the hit musical "Chicago."
----
Disclaimer: I do not in any way support those who stalk other people celebrities or not. That being said, when I read this a thought came to mind, if I were to stalk someone I think that CZJ would be on the list. How do they fund their activities? Where do they find the phone numbers of these celebrities? I would think that if you were to stalk someone you must really really really be interested in them and need to know what they are doing 24 hours a day. I mean wouldn’t it get a little boring? “Oh look she’s sitting down to watch the O.C. tonight.” Would you honestly want to follow someone around all the time? I mean besides me of course and how I’m livin la vida loca, maybe they only stalk for a few hours a day and then go to their job at the 7-11 at night. My question is how do they fund their activities? If they are stalkers, like I think of stalkers, they are following the person around all the time, they have no time for a job because they need to know what Carrot Top is doing at this very moment. Here’s the sad part of the last sentence you know that someone is probably stalking Carrot Top at this very moment. Scary huh?
You have to be in awe of this though how did the stalker get her phone number? Were they calls to her agency or calls to her personally. The kiss of death on this one is the phrase “terrorist threats”, anything with that “T” word means serving some time.

Marketers dream-
I tried the new low sugar low carb Pepsi earlier this week, I’ve explained my urge to try anything new a few days ago. Honestly its about as good as the Coke version, but since I’m a Pepsi guy I’ll give them the slight edge.

The best show I hope you are watching….
IF you get a chance check out the show “Best Week Ever” on VH1. In an attempt to be hip VH1 now has a lot of nostalgia shows and this show reviews wacky stuff that happened in the past week. Basic formula of the show is review odd celebrity or real news from the past week + smart ass comedians= sometimes equals comedy gold.

As prophesized on this very site earlier this week….
I will be going to see the Harry Potter flick tonight. Yee haw.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home