Random Ramblings

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Dodgeball: Go see it or Man my ear is killing me

Went to see Dodgeball on Sunday night and all I can say it’s the one of the funniest movies I’ve seen since Old School. Even if you are not a big fan of Ben Stiller you will like this movie, I was once on the Stiller bandwagon but have recently got off of it. Anyway the basic story is a big gym (owned by Ben Stiller) trying to take over a little gym (owned by Vince Vaughn) and to make it into a parking lot. The little gym needs $50,000 to stay open and they find a dodgeball tournament in Obscure Sports Quarterly and enter to tourney. That’s all I’m going to give away for now. There are literally a ton of different cameos, but not one by Wil Ferrel which I kind of expected going into the movie. There are a lot of little nods in the movie to movies of the 80’s and the goofy comedies back then. The writers show big love to the Karate Kid movies as the dodgeball team of Stillers is based on the evil training dojo in Karate Kid (Fear does not exist in the dojo! NO SINSAY! Pain does not exist in the dojo! NO SINSAY). Just go see the movie and don’t feel bad for paying full theater price to see it, I’ll be seeing it again for sure.

Well this weekend I also got sick on Thursday or Friday. It was kind of on the periphery for the weekend but hit me hard on Monday morning and up until today, Tuesday. Monday I called into work and actually felt worse when I woke up at 9:30 after calling in at 6:00. I medicated myself on Monday and that night had to go to a meeting. While I was at the meeting my ear started hurting like its never hurt before. I guess the stuff in my throat has clogged up my ear. Just my right one though so I feel a little like a dog chasing its tail, wanting to constantly turn to my right. I bought some homeopathic ear drop so we’ll see how that works out. It feels as if there is an ice pick lodged in my ear. I can’t yawn to release the pressure because then it makes my ear drum feel like its going to bust out. Should I go to the doctor ? Yeah probably. Will I? Probably not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home